Thursday, October 09, 2008

Some Swell Pictures :o)


I had a craving to add a few pictures that I just really enjoy... I've always had kind of a "thing" for cool images...
this car, above, is SO cool... I really wish ads looked like that nowadays, don't you?

this one is just adorable... :o) it reminds me of our dear friend, Mr. Alan Anderson, who started out as just a neighbor and ended up as a close member of the family. His pipe smoke would waft it's way over to our backyard. When I smelled it I knew he was happy; he seemed to smoke his pipe when he was in a good mood. He died a few years ago and it was one of the saddest days of my life... I think of him almost every day and miss him so much my heart hurts.

what a beautiful, tiny little impossible house... I picture myself as a child staring at this picture and wishing I had a house just like that but then trying to figure out where all of the rooms would be in a house shaped like that...

just a really beautiful image, i thought.

what a goofy title for such an amazingly dark and mysterious painting (the title came with the image)... maybe it's not supposed to be mysterious, that's what I think when i see it- it's really beautiful, though. What do you think when you look at it??


i've had this image for years... it's, of course, a 50's drawing of the Jungle Cruise ride. I love the whimsy of it.

THIS is advertising a new "executive" car that had a phone in it!! Remember that there were old cars that would have these?? Very few and far between... this was the beginning, though...


there's the sleek, polished look of those cars above, and then there's THIS... a BEAUTIFUL art-deco style ad from the 20's. Just Gorgeous!! Look at that diamond on the top of the ad, the little filagree work around the bottom edges and the choice of colors... pure poetry... *sigh*

I had to add some photos, of course!! :oD
Here's Fred & his sister Adele, before he got famous with Ginger and other partners, he started dancing with his sister. I can't remember what happened to her but I seem to remember she got married and quit show biz...

Isn't this a gorgeous picture of them?? It's funny that Betty Grable was such a star in her own right... but then you put Marilyn next to her and she just sort of fades, hmm? and Marilyn seems so happy here. It was during the filming of "How to Marry A Millionaire", one of my absolute favorite films... I've always loved the dress she wears in one of the last scenes; it's at Page's wedding... it's just gorgeous. Next time you watch it, notice and then you tell me if you think I'm wrong! :o)

1 comment:

Lori R said...

hey, I'm a late poster :)
We still talk about Mr. Andersen too. Neat guy. I do remind the kids about the danger of pipe smoking though, no matter how good it smells!