Tuesday, September 30, 2008

SHAG...

so, i just LOVE Josh Agle. His art makes me smile.


It's just so fun, quirky, odd, creative... it is, in my opinion, art that stirs emotion & feelings of some sort... it definately strikes me;




How does it strike YOU???

So, I knew he lived nearby, in Lemon Heights (I had read in an article) but never really thought that much about it until the other day when I saw him, right next to me on the road, in his car... I had just dropped Cole off for football practice at Foothill and there he was. I'm not usually a 'star-struck' sort of person but I sure was then. :oD I almost wanted to follow him- for What? you ask... I have no idea...
which is why i didn't, of course. that'd be silly.
but now that i'm in my fourties, i realize that sometimes silly is good. you lose silly, i think, in your 30's... you get all serious because you realize how serious life is; how much everyone is relying on you to take it all seriously & step up...
i NEED silly nowadays. too many things are way too serious...

You know??
but i digress...
I love Shag Art...:o)






1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love this post and soooo enjoyed looking at all of the ads and art circa 50's and 60's. I am a child of the 60's and love that old art. Funny, I can't even remember what path I took to get to your blog!, but I'm glad I did. It must have been a link from a link from a link etc.! But thank you for posting all of that art and the pictures too.... I am off to go rent "how to marry a millionaire"! you have inspired me ( :