Tuesday, May 29, 2007

is it just Me??



Ok, I'm a Pirates of the Caribbean fan... I'm a big Disney fan... I'm a Johnny Depp fan, even a what's-his-name-who-plays-the-other-boy-in-the-movie fan - but I've got to tell you... I was sitting there in the movie the other day going, "huh???"

Huge head-shaking. Couldn't understand so many of the edits. At all.

Was it just me? Is it because I'm nearing my mid-fourties? (although let's not push it, I'm only 42...) Is that what happens? You can't hear anything although you start mumbling about 'that new music' being too loud and suddenly you can't get basic plot lines?


dude... sup with that? (see, i'm trying to sound young... i hope you noticed that)

We went with our friends, the Luecks, and Kathy was falling askleep through the whole thing - could stand it as much as I could... but meanwhile my 19 year old daughter thought it was the best pirates yet... so i ask you: is it just me or was it confusing to you too??? :op

7 comments:

tam said...

Haven't seen it but my kids came home complaining about the SAME thing! Didn't understand it, and they are teenagers so there goes your "getting old" theory.

Brooke said...

cool... good to know!! Maybe I just need to see it again, although that's gonna mean some serious snacks to just gear myself up for seeing this 3-hour snooze-fest...

Anonymous said...

well, that settles it--- brian can take the boys to see it! :)
maybe will do spiderman this weekend. any comments??

Brooke said...

we're going to see that frieday night for cole's birthday!! wanna come?? he's having a gang over but you guys should come too!

Anonymous said...

Brooke, we all thought the same thing!! It was really odd how it was put together!! Did they make it too quickly, was that it?

Anonymous said...

Haven't seen it either, but my kids went to see it several times and said the same thing. very confusing. I definately won't be seeing it because I haven't seen 1 or 2...so talk about being confused...maybe I'll go when I need a good nap. =)

Anonymous said...

I liked it. Alot actually. It was confusing but i saw it twice and I got alot of it the second time. I am not one to really be the first to share my opinion when it comes to movies just because i dont want to sound dumb. but alot of my friends thought the same thing. the only thing i would complain about wold be that it was very long.