Monday, May 07, 2007

a commission...i'm SO excited


alright, i was asked to take pictures for the Mother's Day service at church! (can you hear me shreaking for joy??! :oD

Some will be behind the words of a special song that my friend melody Ronk wrote, so those will be transparent and soft.


The others will be sepia tone but not transparent.


I'm really excited because I love photography, have done it for SO long but when you have kids, things that you love just get pushed aside... it's inevitable, you know?


Anyway, I'm posting a few of the first ones here. The top one is a cute little mom & son I happened upon as I was leaving church Sunday- don't know them, do you? anyway, she let me take their picture- thanks! The second one is Bea & grace Wakeling although as I was shooting their picture I had no idea that they were that "Bea & Grace Wakeling"... so sily of me... I should have at least recognized Grace from her many video appearances on Eric's blog... the next photo is Tom & his mom from last summer.

This next photo is from church camp! In going through some of my shots I came upon this and thought the world might be able to finally handle this one. Of course, Tom reminds me of Chris Farley in the "Chipendales" skit... but he's my guy and he's awesome...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

sounds exciting Brooke, based on the work I've seen you do, it's going to be awesome. btw, that first picture is Victor's wife Kim and they're boy Matthew.

Anonymous said...

Dang, Randy beat me to it. That would be my lovely bride and amazing son Matthew. Can you believe that less than a day later we had our second one? That was a crazy thought for us.

Anyway, those look great. Good job on those. Now how about some link love Brooke?