Wednesday, April 04, 2007

what is it about this song?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eELB6NxrZ7A
I was watching Boston Legal with Tom tonight, as usual, and this song came on toward the end and, gosh, for some reason my eyes just start leaking... hugely. the first time i heard it i did the same thing- and it was right before i needed to go on stage and sing! sheesh... talk about emotion. i want to sing this song SO badly somewhere but i doubt i could get through it. in fact, i'm sure i couldn't.
how can people write songs like this? so pure and perfect and natural to the ear... but they just pull at your heart with this wrenching pain... how do they do that? how did God give them that gift? what gifts did he give me and can i ever do something that helped portray a feeling like that? or give a voice to a feeling like that? does that even make sense? not that i want to make people cry but to act in such a way, as an artist of some sort, that helps give a voice to something as strongly as this does me... maybe i'm babbling, i don't know. it's late and i shouldn't listen to songs like these at this hour of the night.

oh well... good thing Tom had fallen asleep by this point in the show... otherwise it would have solidified his opinion of my sanity.
i have to share this totally funny blog that jason from church wrote: http://drinkdeeply.blogspot.com/ - you have to read the entry entitled "burger philosophy"... it's hilarious.
night...

1 comment:

tam said...

Brooke-maybe tomorrow i can listen to the song, I'm now so curious....but for now my speakers are blown so I'm mute! Ben tried to listen to my itunes from the g5 while he was in the shower!! Speakers blown. I'm loving this blogging thing...thanks for your comments! LOV ya