Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Shoeless Joe and other great stories...


Here's Eric Wakeling preaching at church on Sunday... he did an awesome job... it was really good.

But, you may ask, WHY are you sitting WAY BACK THERE???
Well, Matt, the "would-lose-his-head-if-it-weren't-screwed-on-but-I-love-him-to-death" guy, forgot his flip flops at home. We pull into Fruit Street and he looked at his feet and gasped. I was NOT going back home at that point.

So we sat waaaayyyy back there, trying to hide his feet from the congregation, but they're so big... oh well. The odd thing is: sitting back there is a whole other realm.... you get alot of people who, God bless them- they want to be there, but it seems that they are all trying to hide back there, in the corner, in the darkness of the sanctuary. No one claps, no one sings, no one really laughs at any jokes (although Eric said his hilarious (albeit misguided) comments about the Mac vs. PC and I laughed really loud and everyone turned to look at me as if to say "don't you know?? No one laughs here..."

I've been in that place; when you want to be there at church because you know you need to be in God's presence because you are so dark you can't feel that He is with you... it's hard to remember that He is, when you feel so blue. But you know if you could just get there; get in the door... hear the music - perhaps that will help. I don't want to assume, though, that every one sitting there was feeling like this, but for many it seemed to be the case... the look on their faces when they slipped in the door...



VBS this week... what a blast. AND I'm 43 today... it's good. It's been a nice quiet birthday. I like my 40's - alot. I just need to get this weight off. I'm getting SO desparate I don't know what to do.


My dear friend Judi and I went to Bed Bath & Beyond (you have to say that like Superman!). Here we are goofing around with some massagers.


here's a cute picture of Jon... he's such a nice guy.

Speaking of nice guys... don't you just LOVE the Hankins?? Aren't they just SO cute?? Here's Janice and Cassie. I took this while Bill was fixing my old 1940's phone!! I'm SO excited that it works again...
and here's my little Coley with Daisy; this is her favorite place to be... in your arms with her paws on your shoulders, snaggled up against your cheek... what a lovey.

No comments: